Our friends over at One Fab Day have put together 34 unique and amazing ideas for switiching up normal sequencing for table numbers at your wedding. It can really give a personal touch but as the article says “Choose something that reflects what you enjoy as a couple. If watching movies or cooking together is something you love, then it will work brilliantly as an element of your story and your guests will love to see it carried through your wedding day.”
One wedding we assisted in planning had the table numbers correspond with the age of the bride and groom in a photo. For example table 5 had a photo of the bride when she was 5 years old and a photo of the groom at 5 years old.
Here is just a little peak at some of the ideas presented by One Fab Day:
- Local or Important Landmarks - famous places where you've hung out, from the city you live in or have lived in or visited.
- Song Names - songs that mean something to you both as a couple are best, but an easy option is to the titles of romantic love songs (not to many tear jerkers, it's a party, remember!)
- Favourite books of yours like childhood Stories or classic tales like Peter Pan & Wendy and The Magic Far Away Tree, books that you both loved to read.
- Romantic Couples from movies. Noah and Allie, Rose and Jack, Scarlett and Rhett - you get the picture. This is one for incurable romantics.
- Beer or Cocktails - a good cocktail has a great name, so they make for fun tables, especially if you have a fun story or add the recipe to the table name card. As craft beers become more popular you could show off your knowledge and give your recommendations.
Click here to view the entire list from OneFabDay.
Tags: Wedding Tips