Junior Golf Coaching
Without the basic Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS), a child will have difficulty participating in any sport. Utilizing Canada’s Long Term Player Development (LTPD) concepts throughout all our Junior Golf-Athlete Development Programs children are developed into athletes first and golfers second. Welcome to MCPGA Junior Golf-Athlete Coaching Programs!
Junior Performance Golf-Athlete Programs
- With weekly On-Course sessions using our goGOLF36 program, coupled with weekly skills development sessions at the practice facility, we get the chance to structure our coaching around techniques to improve skills and performance where it matters most. . . on the course.
- Continue to train and develop the player's athleticism to enhance their golf skills and overall agility, balance, coordination, speed and other key fundamental movement skills.
- Implementing a philosophy of "Gameification" to on-course and practice sessions to increase engagement and participation.
- Bring more enjoyment into the game of golf and promote a healthy lifestyle through sport.
Program starts April.18th until October
Wednesday Sessions 4:30-5:45pm
Friday On Course Sessions 5:30pm (subject to daylight)
Program price $825 plus $95 Program Fee
-10 Wednesday Sessions
-5 On-Course Sessions
Call 604-531-4653 to register.
First Swing Junior Golf-Athlete Programs
Objectives of First Swing Golf are to...
- Bring MORE enjoyment into the game of golf
- Expose MORE children to the game of golf
- Make golf MORE accessible for children
- Make golf MORE affordable for children
- Promote a MORE active and healthy lifestyle
First Swing is all about starting children on the right path. Our main focus is to help make physical activity a fun part of daily life, creating the right setting for your child to learn in a SAFE, ACTIVE and FUN environment.
First Swing After School Program
Includes 5 classes and a 1 hour Private Lesson (Value $130). Please note all classes have a limit of 6 golfers. Please note all camps are ful (except Monday for ages 10 to 16)l. Please call 604-531-4653 to be placed on the waitlist
(Ages 6-9) 3:45pm - 5:00pm
(Ages 10-16) 5:15pm - 6:30pm
September 3, 10, 17, 24 and October 1 (Mondays) OR
September 5, 12, 19, 26 and October 3 (Wednesdays)
First Swing 3 Day Summer Golf Camps
July 2-4 • July 9-11 • July 23-25 • Aug 6-8 • Aug 20-22 - All camps are full. Please call the golf shop at 604-531-4653 to be placed on the wailist.
(Ages 6-9) 9:00am - 10:15am
(Ages 10-16) 10:30am - 1:00pm
Click below to register for your selected camp.
First Swing 5 Day Summer Golf Camps
July 16-20 • July 30-Aug 3 • Aug13-17 • Aug 27-31
(Ages 10 - 16) 9:30am - 1:30pm (includes daily lunch)
- 9:30-10:30am Athletic Motion Warm up and Supervised Practice
- 10:30- 11:15 Short game skills and Games
- 11:15- 12PM LUNCH
- 12- 1pm Skills testing
- 1 – 1:30pm Range Wind up
This camp is perfect for the golfer who has played on a Par 3 or Executive length Course and is close to applying for a junior membership or wants to start competing in tournaments. They will work on the whole game, learning about what is means to become a junior member or compete in tournaments. In addition to improving their games they will learn how to warm up properly, utilize their time at the golf course efficiently before teeing off, and most importantly how to behave properly on the course with proper etiquette.