Callaway Launches New Mack Daddy 2 Wedges
Roger Cleveland has spent alot of time in the bowels of the Callaway Performance Centre creating one of the finest, most refined wedges on the market. Callaway Golf along with Roger Cleveland officially launched their Mack Daddy 2 Wedge today.
It’s pretty hard to take the top wedge on tour and make it better, but Roger Cleveland has done it.
Tour Tested Design
The ‘Mack Daddy 2, Tour tested design with more spin and versatility from everywhere.’ This new wedge combines feedback from tour players on head shape and feel with an aggressive groove pattern and an increased surface roughness to create the ultimate scoring club.
The Mack Daddy 2 boasts some of the most technological advances in a wedge to date.
- ‘5V Groove Pattern’
- has 39% larger grooves and provides 25% more spin out of the rough
- Laser Milled Micro Groove Pattern
- Increased surface roughness which allows for more spin and control
- Pre-conditions the face to add surface roughness after the micro grooves wear off
- Tour-Inspired Shape
- Inspired by tour players feedback and Roger Cleveland this wedge is forged from 1020 carbon steel for a soft feel
- Custom Sole Grinds
- C-Grind - Relief is ground out of the heel and toe, which enables golfers to lay the face open while effectively reducing the bounce angle. This will allow the golfer to reach maximum control, spin and pure contac
- U Grind - This design was inspired by PGA Tour player Phil Mickelson. This grind increases the dynamic bounce angle (actual bounce of the club when the ball is struck) without increasing the static bounce angle.
Callaway Golf has released the Mack Daddy 2 wedge with two finish options. The first option available is the Chrome finished look which will provide you with a muted smoky look that will drastically reduce glare off the club face. The second option available is the slate finish. The finish on this club will oxidize over time and give your wedge a very distinctive look.
C= C Grind U=U Grind
Stop by the Golf Shop at Morgan Creek Golf Course today to check out the latest product from Callaway Golf.