Planning a Golf Tournament
Last month we offered tip # 1 on creating a plan for 2016 on how to put together a golf tournament. Next: selecting the golf course and how to choose the right venue for you:
TIP # 2
FINDING THE BEST GOLF COURSE
The golf course is one of the most important decisions that you will make. Golfers play in tournaments because of the golf course. Go for quality. Golfers have money. If you give them more they will pay you more. These are the things that golfers are looking for in a golf course.
- Uniqueness – A course they normally do not play
- Condition – In great condition
- Service – A course that appreciates your business
- Great food – Not just a hot dog, drink ticket and bland buffet fillers like pastas and potato salads. (Compare venue menus and look for fresh salads and quality proteins.)
- Value - Getting true value for their money.
HOW TO FIND IT?
Take the rights steps to find the perfect course.
- Survey your golfers
- Check on the course references
- Go play the course, or have the committee play it.
Know the courses around the one you want to play and compare
(Tips provided by the Golf Tournament Association of America)