Vijay's Bomb Beef Curry Recipe
We all have a little extra time on our hands, so why not learn another new recipe. Chef Vijay Raj shares his yummy Beef Curry recipe for you to try at home.
- 2 Lbs Cubed Raw New York Striploin
- 2 Cups Sliced White Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1 Fresh Chili Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder (Chef recommends LaLas)
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 5-6 Fresh Curry Leaves
- 1 Sliced Green Pepper
- 1 Sliced Red Pepper
1. Saute onions, garlic, ginger, chili peppers in Vegetable Oil (preferred) over Medium/High heat. Add 1/4 tsp of Salt.
2. In a separate bowl, add 2 cups boiling water with 3 TBSP curry powder and 1 tsp Turmeric powder. Add curry leaves and mix.
3. Add to sauteed onions and cook for an additional 5 minutes. (Continue to add water to saute if onions stick to the pan) - Then continue to cook
4. Add raw beef cubes to the saute mix and cook for approximately 45 minutes on medium heat or simmer for approximately one hour. Add salt to taste.
5. After 30 minutes of cooking, add in sliced peppers and cook for the reminder needed time.
6. Serve over warm rice or wrap in a lightly buttered/heated Roti bread. (Chef recommends 100% whole wheat - Indian Life)