College Golf Consulting with Jonnie Motomochi
JM College Golf Consulting (JMCGC) is 100% committed to the prospective student-athlete and THEIR pursuit of playing College Golf. Aspiring junior golfers who are aiming to play NCAA golf will receive the highest level of professional guidance and personal support throughout every step of the recruiting process. Prospective student-athletes that choose to partner with JMCGC will benefit from Jonnie's passion, expertise and the relationship that he has established throughout his personal 9-year journey as both a student-athlete and an NCAA division 1 College Golf Coach.
How does JM College Golf Consulting Work?
A combination of in-depth interviews with both the athlete and their family, including golf skills and athletic assessments, to develop:
- Golf playing goals
- Educational goals
- What universities fit these goals
- A comprehensive college recruitment plan, which will outline the steps necessary to prepare and be successful in the recruitment process.
JMCGC will work with the prospective student-athlete, their family and their coaches in developing the detailed steps of the recruitment plan. Jonnie has developed a good rapport with a number of college golf coaches across North America and will introduce the athlete and their support team to college golf programs that suit their golf skills and academic merits.
Is this a coaching program?
Jonnie works in partnership with the athlete, their family and their coaches both on and off the golf course throughout the entire recruitment process.
Success and Testimonials
In Jonnie's first six months:
- Averaged $70,250 of scholarship money per student-athlete for four years
- 100% of prospective student-athletes have received scholarship money to an NCAA institution.
"The guidance that was given to me made choosing a school that was right for me straight forward and the process was productive from start to finish."
University of Redlands
"Our son has successfully launched his dream of playing NCAA Golf, and Jonnie played a huge part in helping him get there. Having coached in the NCAA at the highest level, Jonnie knew how best to navigate the complex college recruitment process."
-Sean Buckles' Parents, David Buckles and Nancy Wong
Utah Valley University
College Golf Consulting Programs
- 1 Hour - $140
- 5 Hours - $645
- 10 Hours - $1245
Prospective Student-Athlete College Folder - $149
All College Golf Consulting Programs may include, but are not limited to:
- Tournament Observation
- Building the Initial Email/Resume
- Communication with College Coaches
- SAT/ACT Sign-up
- Setting Up and Travelling to College Campuses
- Tournament Planning
- Interactive Seminar Series
- Assessing YOUR Situation
About Jonnie Motomochi
Jonnie’s success as a golfer at the Provincial, National and International stage, led him to earn a College Golf Scholarship to Oregon State University. During his College Golf career, he had much success including being named a two-time All-America Scholar, an Arthur Ashe Sports Scholar and the 2012 Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
After graduating, Jonnie realized his true passion was in coaching, and at that time he accepted the position as the Assistant Men’s Golf Coach of Oregon State University, where he made a tremendous impact on the continued growth of the Men’s Golf Program.
Combining Jonnie's expertise in college golf, his caring personality and ability to bring the best out of his students makes him a great addition to the Morgan Creek Performance Golf Academy.
- 2nd at the 2018 PGA of BC Championship
- Assistant Men’s Golf Coach at the University of British Columbia
- 2013-2017 Assistant Golf Coach for Oregon State University
- 2008-2012 Student/Golf Athlete, Oregon State University - College Golf Scholarship
- 2003 Youngest ever player to compete in the Canadian Amateur Championship
- Represented Canada and British Columbia on the world stage multiple times